JD138 Introduction to CAD for Jewelry Design
Instructor: Dana Buscaglia
Fashion Institute of Technology - Jewelry Department
- Introduction to the Rhino Interface.
- Navigation in the Rhino screen working in 2-D.
- Selecting and Deleting Objects.
- Ortho and Grid Snap modes.
- Object Snap – making objects touch/connect.
- Editing drawings using Control Points/Editing a geometric Polyline into a single curve.
- Rhino document properties/creating a template
- Placing a design sketch onto the Rhino construction plane.
- Using the sketch that has been created to compose a design layout, using Mirror and Rotate commands with History enabled.
- More Rhino Basics – Visibility (Hide and Lock)
- Trimming and Splitting Objects
- Rhino Document Properties and Making a Document Template
- Rhino Options
- Simple Stone and Prong composition
- Technical Drawing – Pearl Ring
- Polar Array Command with History - Polar Array – Arraying Circles Around a Square - Arraying Stones and Prongs Around An Oval - Rope Twist Necklace – using Polar Array with History
- Arcs – Basic Arc commands
- Necklace Layout Using Arcs
- Scaling Elements in a Necklace Layout
- Arcs – Bombé Ring Drawing
- Simple Ring Bands – Polygon-Rectangle
- Linetypes and Print Width.
- Simple Printing of 2d Drawings
- Customizing the workspace – creating a new toolbar collection.
•Dimensions – working with Dimension Styles •Ring Band with Bezel Set Cabochon technical drawing •Creating a floral motif.
•Introduction to working in 3-D Space. •Navigating in 3D space. •Shade and Render Viewport display modes. •Introduction to basic Rhino “primitives” (basic shapes) •Sculpting a Ring – Control Point editing of a basic Torus shape. •Loft
Ring band using History for Variations. - Cabochon stone in bezel.
- Sweep 1-Rail command – Simple Ring Shape
- Sweep 2 Rails Command - Wavy Ring Band
- The importance of checking for Naked Edges.
- Hollowing out a bombé ring - Bombé ring with stone in Blended Bezel Setting - Orient on Surface command
- Extrude Surfaces for simple ring bands.
- Prong Set Round Faceted Stone setting – straight prongs.
- Prong Set Round Faceted Stone Setting – angled prongs.
- Modeling the Wire for Twisting - Modeling the Inner Ring Band Element
- Simple Round Stone Maquette with stone and seat cutters.
- Rendered Viewport Material Properties using Enameled Band.
- Circular Filigree with Stone
- Cage Edit – simple floral shape.
- Ring Band with Pave and Flush Set Stones.